Lincoln Network was founded to help bridge the gap between policymakers and innovators, and advance a more perfect union between technology and the American republic. We see our value proposition in cross-pollination, network building, and translation between groups that don’t speak the same language. Our work includes helping innovators understand the policy world, and bringing the voices of technologists and entrepreneurs into policy conversations. We also believe in a world of free markets and free people, and that fostering a robust but responsible innovation ecosystem is crucial to creating a better, freer, and more abundant future.
To help advance this mission, Lincoln Network seeks to hire an Operations Manager for our policy team. The Operations Manager will work closely with Lincoln Network’s COO and will be responsible for supporting event planning & promotion, internal & external communications, and operations.
This is a full-time, in-office position based in Northeast Washington, DC.
- Assisting in the planning and execution of Lincoln Network’s events, including conferences, team retreats, salon dinners, and receptions.
- Working with the editorial manager to draft external communications.
- Maintaining various records and documents for the management team.
- Assisting the management team with various operations and administrative tasks, including scheduling meetings, arranging travel, working with caterers and event venues, etc.
- Assisting with managing the DC office’s operations.
- Supporting a holistic view of organizational priorities.
- Partnering with other departments to drive cross-team collaboration, develop systems & processes to facilitate collaboration.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record (3-5 years experience) and strong skills in operations, event planning and execution, and internal stakeholder management.
- Enthusiastic support for Lincoln Network’s mission, and desire to learn Lincoln Network’s unique, distributed community of builders, hackers, and policy experts.
- Superb attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and a drive to take initiative.
- Highly refined communication skills, both written and verbal, in order to communicate complex ideas through both traditional and social media forms.
- Strong proficiency with Excel, Word, and collaboration via Google Docs.
- Salesforce/CRM experience preferred.
- Adobe suite (Illustrator, Premiere) experience a plus, but not required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Robust benefits package including health/dental/vision insurance, 401K match, professional development allowance, annual performance bonuses, and an unlimited vacation policy.
- Annual salary of $55-65K, based on experience.
- Modern co-working space in Northeast Washington, DC. with free snacks & drinks.
To apply, qualified candidates should submit the following materials to email@example.com:
- Resume (one page).
- Informal cover letter including your interest in Lincoln Network’s mission.
Lincoln Network, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.