FACET — Fellowship on Advancing Critical Emerging Technologies
Lincoln Network is excited to announce a new resident fellowship program at the intersection of national security and emerging technologies. Fellows will spend a year working with our team in Washington, DC to translate academic ideas to actionable policies that advance American innovation. The program will focus on policy questions arising from escalating US-China competition in key technology areas (e.g. artificial intelligence, industrial supply chain, telecommunications, quantum computing).
Over the course of the program, fellows will have the opportunity to learn from subject matter experts in a range of technology and policy domains; engage directly with policymakers including agency and congressional staff; author policy papers and other publications; and build coalitions and networks with think tanks, advocacy groups, journalists, and philanthropic funders.
The fellowship is hosted and managed by Lincoln Network, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit with a mission to bridge the gap between Silicon Valley and DC and advance market-driven technology and policy solutions. Programming and research support for the fellowship is being developed in collaboration with the Plaintext Group, an initiative of Schmidt Futures to strengthen U.S. leadership in innovation.
- Fellows will receive a stipend of $90,000 plus Lincoln's standard benefits package including, Medical, Dental, Vision, Group life Insurance and a 6% 401k match. Additional benefits include, an unlimited PTO policy, offices closed on all Federal holidays, a cell phone stipend and 10 weeks fully paid Maternity/Paternity leave.
- Applicants should be early to mid-career, and have a background in STEM or other relevant field (such as economics).
- Ideal candidates will come to the program with deep subject matter expertise and novel policy ideas they want to work on.
- The fellowship is based in Washington, DC.
- The program will begin on January 10, 2022 and will end on December 30, 2022.
- The inaugural cohort will have three fellows.
Click here for the application form. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the roles are filled.