With the recent launch of our policy website and blog, Lincoln Network is seeking to expand its roster of guest contributors in DC, Silicon Valley, and other tech/policy hubs. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- Silicon Valley vs. DC culture and translation problems ???️
- Hot takes on tech policy issues in the news ?♂️?
- Conservative landscape mapping on tech policy ??️
- Techlash and related policy issues ??️
- Venture capital policy issues ???
- Promoting more hard tech (atoms vs. bits) ⚛️??️
- The role of federal R&D spending in promoting innovation ?️??
- Novel approaches to promote economic growth / Progress studies ?
- Concentrated platform power vs. decentralized Internet ⛪??️
- Policy divide between big tech and startups, mid-cap, VCs ???️?️
- Innovation governance and institutional design / institutional vs. technical challenges for innovation ?️?
- Edge cases for permissionless innovation ???
- New governance approaches to innovation and SEZs ??️
- Importing Singaporean policy ideas ???
- Out-innovating China / American competitiveness ?????
- Defense tech, DARPA, In-Q-Tel, and related issues ?️✈️?
- Technical talent acquisition and expertise in government ?️?️
- Technology ethics from a pro-innovation perspective ⚖️?️?
- Synthetic biology, crypto, quantum computing, and other emerging technologies. ⛓️?⚛️
- Innovation policy issues not covered by mainstream DC think tanks ??
Blog submissions should be between 750-1500 words, although longer pieces will sometimes be accepted or considered for publication as white papers. Our typical compensation for articles is $200-600 per piece depending on length, frequency, and seniority.
To apply please fill out this form with your bio, writing sample, and list of article ideas.