"Out of 3,500 congressional staff, less than 20 have any technical background. Decent governance in the 21st century REQUIRES talented technologists to serve in government. "
— Travis Moore, Founder and Director of TechCongress
Now, TechCongress has launched a new Congressional Digital Service Fellowship for experienced technologists. Here's what they're looking for:
- Commitment to helping get Members of Congress and Congressional staff up to speed on technology issues.
- Experience on a government tech team (USDS, 18F, TTS, PIF, Code for America, Coding it Forward, state or local government digital services) is a big, big plus.
- Ability to start in Washington, D.C. by June 15, 2020.
- At least five years of work or postgraduate study.
- Possessing some or a few of the following technical skills:
- Experience coding in C/C++, Go, Python or Java
- Front-end development experience-- HTML/CSS
- Experience with Identity and Access Management protocols
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL data stores
- Experience with Lean or Agile concepts
- Experience working in or studying the technology sector. Experience on an Executive Branch Tech Team (USDS, 18F, TTS, PIF) is a big, big plus.
- Great interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to explain technology to those that aren’t as familiar with technology tools or concepts.
- Track record of success taking initiative and working with others.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Apply by 11:59 pm ET on Sunday, May 10, 2020. Click here for a direct link to the application.